On 2011-01-31 21:43, Twisted Laws wrote:
So I figured I'd give the autobuild method of building a try. I've not made it far yet and wondering if someone might give me a pointer on what I've done wrong...

I read: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Autobuild_Quick_Start
and read: https://lists.secondlife.com/pipermail/opensource-dev/2011-January/005633.html
v-autobuild is from: https://bitbucket.org/mani_linden/viewer-autobuild

I must be missing something here but I'm not sure what. The autobuild/bin directory is
in the path.   Python 2.6 installed.

Thanks for any hints, session log follows (note that the ./setup.py install fails, and i have
to use python setup.py install)

dir: /cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds
$ cd autobuild
dir: /cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds/autobuild
$ ls
autobuild  bin  build  setup.py
dir: /cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds/autobuild
$ ./setup.py install
./setup.py: line 23: from: command not found
./setup.py: line 27: PACKAGE_NAME: command not found
./setup.py: line 28: LLAUTOBUILD_VERSION: command not found
./setup.py: line 29: LLAUTOBUILD_SOURCE: command not found
./setup.py: line 30: CLASSIFIERS: command not found
./setup.py: line 41: ext_modules: command not found
./setup.py: line 43: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./setup.py: line 43: `setup('
dir: /cygdrive/c/dev/hgbuilds/autobuild

It looks as though your system does not realize that setup.py is a python file and is interpreting it as something else.

Try:
     python setup.py