On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 18:32:18 -0800 (PST), Nicky Perian wrote:

> What is the reason for the switch to boost shared libraries?
>
> The other platforms seem to perform without issue using boost static
> libraries.

Apart from adding 20Mb of shared libraries (boost regexp) to the viewer
package ?... There's strictly no good reason !

I vote for getting back to static libraries (the few regex functions that
get statically linked only take a few kilobytes in the viewer binary, when
the boost regex shared lib is enormous and 99% of it is usless to the
viewer !)

Henri.