>Maybe a better way of stating my intent would've been to say
>that I'd like to
>provide the cross platform interface to make a PKCS#11
>interface easier.

sigh.  Does the world really need another token interface?
(As opposed to PC/SC, PKCS11, CDSA, etc.)

>Although there are some things in PKCS#11 that I strongly
>disagree with, like pg. 111 of the 2.1 PKCS #11 draft:

I don't think you understand the excerpt that you quoted.
It doesn't prevent threads -- and in fact the current PKCS11
is multi-threaded, isn't it? -- it just says that every
function is atomic.  In other words, the card won't be left
in an inconsistent state.  That's very important and very
useful.
        /r$