> > I have tried porting a recent version ( say two weeks old) to a Macintosh. I
> > am having problems with certificate verification in ssltest.
... want to share the code:-)
> > SSL2
> > verification of both server and client certificates works. However for SSL3
> > the client complains about the server certificate chain. What are the
> > differences between SSL2 and SSL3 that this should happen, or did I have the
> > misfortune of picking up a set of files that were in transition.
> >

> I think I did change a few things around then and there was one snapshot
> that was definitely broken.
19991202 was broken and there was a report about SEGV in testssl, but
even with SSLv2:

        test SSL protocol
        test sslv2
        Protocol SSLv2, cipher SSLv2, DES-CBC3-MD5
        test sslv2 with server authentication
        server authentication
        ./testssl[7]: 98299 Memory fault
        *** Error code 1 (bu21)
        *** Error code 1 (bu21)

> Also the chain verify code rejected the test chains because they were
> invalid: the certificates have been changed in the latest snapshot.
I want to remind that e_os.h from 19991219 contains typo in line #254.

Andy.