The question makes no sense. ASN.1 is a specification for a transmission
format, but it doesn't make detailed specifications of the semantics of the
transmitted data. Both X.500 and LDAP use ASN.1 for their over-the-wire data
transfers.

UTF-8 is also simply a specification for the formatting of character-data,
it says nothing about the semantics of strings of characters.

At its core, LDAP is simply a different front-end for the X.500 information
model. A DN is a name that uniquely identifies an object in the X.500 name
space. Practically speaking, a DN is a DN. In pure X.500, DNs are specified
to be big-endian, most-significant component listed first. An X.500
directory path follows the same convention as a Unix filesystem path in this
regard. In LDAP, the convention is to display the DNs in the opposite order,
but the semantic meaning of the DN is unchanged. The X.500 representation
        /c=us/o=foo/ou=people/cn=joe
specifies the exact same object as the LDAP DN
        cn=joe,ou=people,o=foo,c=us

The difference is purely a matter of presentation.

To answer your question "is there a definition of how to transform X.500 DNs
to LDAP representation?" the answer is yes, it's RFC 2253.

  -- Howard Chu