[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Fri Jun 14 22:02:06 2002]:

> On Fri, 14 Jun 2002, Lutz Jaenicke via RT wrote:
>
> >There will not be another release of 0.9.6 before 0.9.7 will be out.
> >We still maintain the 0.9.6 tree, because we anticipate that due to
> >incompatible changes between 0.9.6 and 0.9.7 several people will stay
> >with 0.9.6x for some more time, so we are prepared to release another
>
>     Perfectly understandable. btw. is there any list of those
>     changes anywhere? Just thinking if there are some issues
>     we should be aware of with PHP's openssl extension..

There is a change in the EVP interface: appliations must now call
EVP_CIPHER_CTX_cleanup() explicitly. Up to and including 0.9.6x,
all data was part of the EVP_CIPHER_CTX, starting with 0.9.7, some
data are allocated on the fly and memory leaks may occur, if the
cleanup is not called.
The OID (Object Identifier) table has experienced some changes to
become conformant to RFC2256 (LDAP). Some entries had to be renamed.

>     For me it's okay to close this. I've already told the people
>     who reported this problem to bugs.php.net that this is fixed in
>     openssl 0.9.7.. :)

Ok, case closed.
       Lutz