> > > the warnings and BN test failure seem to be related with the
> > > hpux-parisc2-cc target and no-asm option. without the no-asm option
> > > building goes ok (no warnings, tests succeed) using hpux-parisc2-cc
> > > target.
> >
> > Yet it's extremely important to get it working with no-asm. For that
> > reason I'd like to ask you to double-check that attached patch fixes the
> > problem with no-asm config. A.
>
> tried it. with your patch i don't get the warnings when compiling bn_asm.c
> and this time BN_sqr test succeeds but BN_kronecker test seems to go into
> an endless loop just printing dots on the screen.

Is it actually reproducible? I mean does it end-up in an endless loop
*every* time you try?

Note that test_kron itself (the procedure printing "test BN_kronecker")
can't go into an endless loop. It's BN_generate_prime that should take
the blaim. It's already first line that runs away, isn't it? I mean
normally you should expect first line being something like "....++++++"
and then second line with 100 dots exactly.

Now if it's actually reproducible, could you 'rm crypto/bn/*.o
crypto/bn/lib libcrypto.a', 'make' and confirm that the problem
persists? The catch is that you also reported problems with 'make
depend' and your current dependencies might be broken while bn_asm.c is
not the only module affected by the bug.

A.