[[EMAIL PROTECTED] - Wed Jan  1 15:40:21 2003]:

> Hi,
>
> I have trouble running the following command with openssl version 0.9.7
> openssl ca -policy policy_anything -out newcert.pem \
> -passin pass:whatever -key whatever -extensions xpserver_ext \
> -extfile xpextensions -infiles newreq.pem
>
> It works fine with the 0.9.7-beta3 release but all later releases seem to
> segfault. The segfault occures in the CONF_modules_unload when sk_num is
> called the results returned differ. In beta3 the result returned is 0x2
> whilst in the 0.9.7 release the eax register contains the following value
> 0x4212dfd8.
>
> If this is a known problem, sorry for taking up your time.

I also get a crash at that place when I do a very simple command like:

openssl ca -infiles xxxx

it gives the file not found error then crashes. However that return
value from sk_num suggests something has been corrupted.

Running under a debugging malloc library causes a crash earlier on with
a double free error on something which is only freed once.

Very odd...

What platform is this on?

Does anyone else get a crash with:

openssl ca -infiles xxxx