On Fri, 17 Jan 2003, Andy Polyakov via RT wrote:

> >    NOTIFICATION: The attached patch applies to openssl-0.9.7.
>
> Does it really have to be so complicated? I mean all you have to do is

Perhaps not. I just pulld some code from the FreeBSD section.

> to tell i386 and none-i386 apart, right? Even if it has to be
> complicated, what about AMD CPUs? P4? In other words my suggestion is

Good pint.

>               MACH=`uname -X 2>/dev/null | grep "^Machine" | awk '{print $3, $4}'`
>               case ${MACH} in
>                       *386*       ) MACH="i386"     ;;
>                       *           ) MACH="ix86"     ;;

I like your idea.

>               esac
>               case x{VERSION} in
>               case x2.0*)     echo ${MACH}-whatever-unixware20;;
>               case x2.1*)     echo ${MACH}-whatever-unixware21;;
>               case x2*)       echo ${MACH}-whatever-unixware2;;
>               esac
>
> >    Config was adding "386" to the Configure line causing the build
> >    to fail on the assembler modules.
>         ^^^^ in what way? Shouldn't we fix it? A.

Not really. Minimum processor on any current UnixWare is a pentium.
The older releases of UnixWare don't have assembler support.

--
Tim Rice                                Multitalents    (707) 887-1469
[EMAIL PROTECTED]