In message <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> on Sat, 18 Jan 2003 00:01:39
+0100 (MET), "Andy Polyakov via RT" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> said:

rt> > rt> To <openssl-dev> mainly. How come did do_aix-shared deserve so special
rt> > rt> treatment? I mean SHAREDFLAGS being hardcoded directly in Makefile.org?
rt> > rt> Just wondering...
rt> >
rt> > Well, that one is an experiment.
rt>
rt> Then why AIX specific flags like -bnogc, -bE:lib$$i.exp, -bM:SRE?

Because do_aix-shared was proposed for AIX (obvious from the name of
the target, I thought).  The involved variables have only been used
for AIX.

Look, we can talk history as much as you want, but I suggest we drop
that matter, leave do_aix-shared in 0.9.7 as it is (except for
variable values that need to be tweaked) and work on Makefile.shared
for 0.9.8, yes?

rt> > -bautoexp?  How long has that thing existed?
rt>
rt> Manual says since 4.2. aix43-cc implies 4.3, doesn't it?

Ah, good, I must have missed it back when I had access to an AIX
system and it's manuals...

rt> > And we can't get rid of
rt> > it for the sake of older AIX that don't have autoexp...
rt>
rt> But shared build is not defined for elder AIX and what are the odd
rt> that it will ever be?

None, so I have no more objections.

--
Richard Levitte   \ Spannvägen 38, II \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Redakteur@Stacken  \ S-168 35  BROMMA  \ T: +46-8-26 52 47

Unsolicited commercial email is subject to an archival fee of $400.
See <http://www.stacken.kth.se/~levitte/mail/> for more info.