From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Mark Jaffe
Sent: Monday, 10 May 2004 7:03 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Win32 compiles under cygwin

Greetings to all. I am responsible to the build environment at OSAF,
and we are integrating openssl into the Chandler product. I am
concerned about generating the correct configuration, and wonder if
someone has a solution.

What we do when we incorporate an open-source project into ours is to
prepare a script which sets up the configuration for each supported
platform (Win32, linux, and OS X for now.) When we run make, it untars
the source tarball, applies our patches and then does a configure and a
make, installing the libraries into our distribution path. Where I am
running into problems is in dealing with the Win32 build situation. We
use the cygwin environment, and several of our projects already are
compatible in that we call nmake and a DOS-path compatible make file
which is working nicely. However, applying this method to the openssl
tree has presented some difficulty. I have so far been successful in
running a patched ms/32all.bat to generate the required xx.mak files,
but the results still contain "-" style option flags rather than the
desired "/" style. I am stumped at this point. Of course, I could do
this under a local command-line but this is not available from remote
ssh or in the environment in which we run the tinderbox.

Any suggestions?

Mark
Mark Jaffe                                  | (415) 946-3028 (work)
Release Engineer                    | (408) 807-2093 (cell)
OSAF                                           | (415) 946-3001 (FAX)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]    | http://www.osafoundation.org/
PGP Fingerprint: 3435 EB88 6424 F5DF F2CA EF16 2DBF DFEF 143C 1ADE