From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Andy Polyakov
Sent: Monday, 1 August 2005 7:32 PM
To: openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: Re: mk1mf.pl doesn't generate makefile for Windows CE

>>OK, I can see that WCEVERSION is defined in 3rd party wcecompat.mak,
>>but I would feel better if we use variable set by VCVARS*.BAR or
>>whatever it's called in embedded C. Meaning that I'd like to rephrase
>>the question. Can you figure out variables set by VC, which we can use?
>

> They are OSVERSION, PLATFORM, WCEROOT, SDKROOT, PATH, INCLUDE, LIB,
> CC, TARGETCPU and CFG.
>
> Here is a script from WCEARM.BAT.
>
> if "%OSVERSION%"=="" set OSVERSION=WCE300 if "%PLATFORM%"=="" set
> PLATFORM=ms pocket pc if "%WCEROOT%"=="" set WCEROOT=C:\Program
> Files\Microsoft eMbedded Visual Tools if "%SDKROOT%"=="" set
> SDKROOT=C:\Program Files\Windows CE Tools
>
> set CC=clarm.exe
>
> set TARGETCPU=ARM
> set CFG=none
>

> CEVersion is set by IDE, so you cannot utilize it from commandline.

And therefore I've decided to eliminate dependency on wcedefs.mak [from
wcecompat] and implemented the corresponding logic directly to VC-32.mak.
Grab latest snapshot to test it. For reference. Note that this change
doesn't eliminate dependency on wcecompat [which is not the goal], but
dependency on wcedefs.mak file from wcecompat. A.