Yes, that will work for me, I just thought there might be some thing
better out there, because text parsing is always some thing I prefer
to avoid.

CRL updates are not a concern because when ever I get a new CRL file,
I have another process signal my system and then in the next time I
pass in the loop I will first remove from the cache all revoked
certificates.

We don't work with the OCSP just CRL and it is all an internal system
so after in cache I could know exactly what to expect. (Only before
entering the cache I need to run full tests, and be careful of
overflows, but after in cache I know the dates and string length etc.)