  From:       Brad House <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

  To:         openssl-dev@openssl.org

  Date:       30/11/2007 13:07

  Subject:    Re: OpenSSL FIPS Object Module v1.2

> Ideally (in my view anyway), we'd have some sort of announcement as to
> where the FIPS code is being evaluated, then have a couple of weeks to
> a month to hammer at it before it's sent off to the (much more costly,
> and much more involved) CMVP validation.

I like the idea of a peer review period.  Personally I'd be interested
in providing portability patches as we would like to support
Linux, FreeBSD, OpenBSD, MacOSX (intel and ppc), Windows (32bit and
64bit), AIX 32bit and 64bit POWER, HPUX (parisc), SCO OpenServer 5.0.7
and 6.0.0, Solaris (SPARC), and I'm sure I forgot something there.

We haven't been able to do that because of what have been extremely
minor compilation issues, but would break the validation
to make the changes after the fact...  I have provided patches for
known issues for the 1.1 branch to this list ...

-Brad