Is it possible to link object modules compiled with nasm with object
modules compiled with codewarrior? It might appear as silly question,
but I know nothing about netware, while it sounds like some of netware
development environments are cross-compile...
yes. There are a couple of different ways to compile for NetWare platform:
- Metrowerks CodeWarrior C (official compiler, commercial) runing on Win32;
  produces COFF object code, and can be linked with NASM COFF object code.

How come you were having trouble with .text segment alignment then? I mean if it's vanilla NASM COFF, then you shouldn't have had problem... How old is your nasm version? Could you check this and maybe test more up-to-date version? Or is it non-vanilla COFF?

- gcc cross-compiler running on either Win32 or Linux;
  produces ELF object code, and can be linked with NASM ELF object code.

ELF even on Win32? Then on Win32, do you compile under cygwin or mingw? Or in other words is there working GNU make? The point is that HEAD branch has certain support for cross-compilation, effectively meaning that Unix-like build procedure can be applied (as opposite to generating flat make-file and running some strange scripts), which is chosen to be preferred. This in turn means that I'd appreciate if you could explore this possibility. Basically read INSTALL.W32, look for cross-compile and see if HEAD can be adapted for this even for netware. A.