On Mon, Dec 08, 2008, Vishnu Param wrote:

> But I have tested the algorithm. It gives identical hash values. I just want
> to know if there is something that I am missing.
>
> As I understand it, the hash function hashes the values and puts them into
> the SHA_CTX variable. From my observation, the hash function only puts in
> the hash values h0,h1,h2,h3, and h4 in the SHA_CTX variable. Is there
> anything else I have missed/fail to notice?

What you put in SHA_CTX should be irrelevant as long as the entire context is
contained in a flat structure (so it can be memcpy'ed). If you hang structures
off the end that will cause problems unless you allow for that at the EVP
level with the "copy" function.

I'd suggest you dump the input to your implementation (in the cases it produces
errors) to a file and check that against OpenSSLs version.

Steve.