From: owner-openssl-...@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-...@openssl.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Polyakov
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 1:19 PM
To: openssl-dev@openssl.org
Subject: Re: FWD: Enhancement Request: 64bit BIO API

[...]

Are we talking about file BIO? It should be 64-bit on 64-bit [Unix]
platforms. "Should be" refers to the fact that I've looked at it some
point and reckoned that it is and as far as 32-bit platforms go best one
can do is to ensure that large files can be accessed sequentially (see
comment in bss_file.c). "[Unix]" refers to the fact that it would be a
problem on Win64, because long is 32 bits wide and it's problematic to
pass 64-bit values in file_ctrl, pass by value.

In other words what is specific concern? A.