Sorry,

Some explanations available in sources ssl/t1_lib.c:
   - Applications must  use SSL_OP_NO_SESSION_RESUMPTION_ON_RENEGOTIATION
     if they provide for changing an explicit servername context for the
session,
     i.e. when the session has been established with a servername extension.

So this option must be used if server use server_name extension.

But what will happens if server do use server_name extension, but not set
SSL_OP_NO_SESSION_RESUMPTION_ON_RENEGOTIATION?
What the security consequences will be?
I understand there is some, but can't figure out what exactly...

The only thing I was able to find is this:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/httpd-bugs/200409.mbox/%3c20041001143012.6555.qm...@nagoya.betaversion.org%3E
If two virtual servers configured to use different ciphersuites, there is a
possiblility for malicious client to establish session with one server with
it's ciphersuite, and then renegotiate connection with other server.
And ciphersuie remains unchanged.
I can't say for sure is it security or compatibility issue.

Would be really appreciated for any comments.

Best wishes,
Andrey