From: Bodo Moeller <bmoel...@acm.org<mailto:bmoel...@acm.org>>
Date: Wed, 29 Feb 2012 18:52:11 -0500
To: "openssl-dev@openssl.org<mailto:openssl-dev@openssl.org>"
<openssl-dev@openssl.org<mailto:openssl-dev@openssl.org>>
Subject: Re: Limiting EC curves in ClientHello

It appears there is no way to specify that only a subset should be used?

Yes, this is a know deficiency in the current code. I'm more familiar with the
server side, but I think it's similar: if you set up *one* curve, then
negotiation should happen accordingly; if you use a callback to provide curves,
it will be expected to be able to handle any curve, which is fundamentally
broken (a peer could be using a named curve that's not even defined yet).

So technically, there is a way to specific that only a subset should be used --
it's just that the subset needs to be of size 0 or 1, which isn't utterly
flexible. We should get around to fixing that at some point.

Bodo