On Thu, Oct 18, 2012, Andy Polyakov wrote:

> >Has this been done successfully for Windows CE?
>
> Yes, but not with dll. Even though do_fips.bat from FIPS module
> source refers to cedll.mak, validation is performed with statically
> linked applications. Probably one shouldn't have referred to
> cedll.mak to avoid confusion. I don't know all the details, but I'd
> guess it was chosen in order to keep modifications to *absolute*
> minimum. But it's of lesser relevance, because once you've got
> fipscanister.lib, you can use it in context of your liking. Of
> course provided that your liking is within limitations imposed by
> fingerprinting. Which in CE context [unfortunately] are "forget
> about dll [or maybe go for rom-based]."

The CE 5 build used a ROM-based DLL and some flags set in platform builder. A
normal DLL wouldn't work: it ignored the load address and setting /FIXED
stopped it loading altogether.

I believe CE 6 (wasn't directly involved with that myself though) is
friendlier and doesn't need platform builder tweaks or a ROM based DLL.

Steve.