Hi Leon

On 21 March 2013 17:27, Matt Caswell <fr...@baggins.org> wrote:
> On 20 March 2013 07:14, Leon Brits <le...@parsec.co.za> wrote:
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> I use:
>> $ openssl version
>> OpenSSL 1.0.1e-fips 11 Feb 2013
>>
>> I was able to successfully parse your attached private key.
>> I've attached my smallest prime, binary and kolbitz curve key pairs. As I
>> said the prime curve parses correct with the openssl command line tool but
>> not the binary curve keys.

I have successfully managed to reproduce your problem. This is a BUG!
Looks to me like binary curves are broken in FIPS mode - anything
which attempts to encode a private key will fail, I think (and
potentianly numerous other functions).

I have attached a patch for openssl-1.0.1e. Please can you confirm
that this resolves your problem?

cd openssl-1.0.1e
patch -p1 </path/to/patch

I have submitted this to RT for one of the devs to pick up and commit
(hopefully!) :-)

Matt