From: Misaki Miyashita <misaki.miyash...@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 15:11:49 -0800 (PST)

> Checking for chip capabilities by calling an invalid instruction
> causes an issue especially when people run debugger with an OpenSSL
> application.

As has already been discussed in this thread, that's a debugger
problem.

> Please consider determining the chip capabilities for SPARC by
> calling getisax(2) instead of causing and catching SIGILL.  (For
> RNG, we'll never support the random instruction, and it can be just
> removed).

Again, as already discussed in this thread, the SIGILL technique
is portable across all operating systems, whereas getisax() is
not.

I really think you should work on getting the debugger to cope with
this SIGILL signal cleanly, rather than continuing to beat a dead
horse here.  This technique is quite common across libraries that
need to test for cpu instruction availability.

Thank you.