Shruti,

 This is probably not the right list to ask that question but i'm
going to help you anyways.

  OpenSSL is a library and you can't simply upgrade it across your
entire RHEL installation. What you need is for the packages that you
have installed who have dependencies on OpenSSL to update their
packages to have a dependency on the newer version. I believe there is
a yum update or yum upgrade command which will attempt to update any
packages that are out of date. You are at the mercy of the package
owners and the RHEL repository folk.

-Paul