On 1 July 2014 06:52, Zoltan Arpadffy <z...@polarhome.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I see that Rich is doing a fantastic job by cleaning up the backlog...
> I absolutely agree that very old releases cannot be supported, but what about
> the platforms?
>
> I thought until now, that as long there are developers who are willing to
> develop for a certain platform and there is some community interest in using
> that - the platform will be supported as odd might it be in the Windows and
> Linux dominated World.
>
> I just started to wonder, will soon come the time when my patches will be
> also refused with the "unsupported platform" comment?

Our soon-to-be-released roadmap has this to say on "supported platform":

* Currency, i.e. a platform is widely deployed and in current use
* Vendor support
* Available to the dev team, i.e. the dev team have access to a
suitable environment in which to test builds and deal with tickets and
issues
* Dev team ownership, i.e. at least one person on the team is willing
to take some responsibility for a platform