>  I write fixes for pieces of software that I depend on. Some time ago, I sent
> diff for OpenSSL.

Great, thanks.

> If I'm interested in fixing OpenSSL, why shouldn't I have access to coverity
> scans ?
>
> Other Open Source projects have provided me access to their coverity scans,
> despite the fact that I'm not a committer.

There are security concerns. For example, the recent heartbleed vulnerability
exposed long-term private keys, and user password and all sorts of stuff. This
makes OpenSSL software different from something like a packet dump or mail
reader. I don't know what the scans say, and I understand your disappointment,
but we really need to be careful about making vulnerability scans generally
available. And then there is the question of where we draw the line.  I am all
in favor of responsible disclosure, but unfortunately the bad guys -- who, yes,
may already have coverity or other scans -- are interested as well.

I wish I could give you a nice answer.

        /r$

--
Principal Security Engineer