> ALL BINARY ELLIPTIC CURVES

This one may be premature.

I understand the TLS WG is moving against it. However, I am aware of
implementations of Shoup's ECIES, and they, in turn, depend on
OpenSSL. I don't know if the ECIES implementations rely solely on
prime fields or not, however.

> BLOWFISH - probably still in use though I don't know where exactly?

Linux password files and associated tools, like John the Ripper (JtR).

OpenSSL is a good toolkit for research purposes. But if research is
not a goal, then that's understandable. There are other crypto
libraries that include research as a goal.

Jeff