Viktor Dukhovni <openssl-us...@dukhovni.org> wrote:
 |> On Jan 24, 2018, at 9:27 AM, Michael Richardson <m...@sandelman.ca> wrote:
 |>> email clients are designed to handle hundreds to thousands of messages
 |>> a day, Github UI isn't
 |
 |Indeed email is best for informal ad-hoc back and forth threaded
 |discussion, while Github et. al. are for issue tracking.
 |
 |If there's a clear problem that requires tracking and resolution,
 |then the right forum is Github.  If there's a topic to discuss,
 |we have openssl-users.  Most openssl-dev threads were more
 |appropriate for openssl-users.

I see an overwhelming amount of posts on the new list which where
somehow missed on -dev, though.

As a general note that you might not know, from Germany at least
and over my internet account and being not a logged in user i find
that github very often fails to generate commit data or cuts
directory listings.  At least there are no advertisings which
consume multiple CPUs for who-knows-what.

 |So I'm not convinced we need two free-form discussion lists, but
 |concur that if it is discussion one wants, then email clearly
 |superior to Github issue tracking.  The key question is whether
 |openssl-users suffices to meet that need.

Oh, -dev was a terribly noisy list.  So: ch-ch-ch-ch-changes
(turn and face the strange).

Congratulations for the price you have won.  Especially so in
respect to, brave new world!, having to go over browser based
issue tracker interfaces.  I could not do that.

--steffen