The internal state of the CTR-DRBG consists of a key K and a counter V (see
figure 11 on page 48, which is the page before table 3). This is the reason why
it requires bits_of(K) + bits_of(V) = keysize + blocksize = 256 + 128 = 384
bits to initialize the internal state of the DRBG.

But the seedlen (in bits) *does not* in general coincide with the
security_strength! This is only in the case when _no_ derivation function is
used! See the aforementioned table 3 on page 49:

        If a derivation function is not used:
                Minimum entropy input length:           seedlen
                (min _length = blocklen + keylen)

But we are in the case when a derivation function is used. Here only
'security_strength' (= 256) bits of entropy are required.

        If a derivation function is used:
                Minimum entropy input length:           security_strength
                (min _length)

These bits are 'stretched out' to seed_length (=384) bits by the "derivation
function", which is essentially an aes-ctr bit stream. Or, to be more precise:
if we provide a large buffer of low entropy input, then this low entropy input
will be condensed, stirred, and spread out equally over the 384 bits of the
initial state by the derivation function.

Matthias