> On Apr 19, 2018, at 4:24 PM, Salz, Rich <rs...@akamai.com> wrote:
>
> Viktor found my comment offensive, which was not my intent.  I was trying to
> be light-hearted in commenting on how Viktor dismissed all the issues David
> raised.
>
> If, in doing so, I went beyond our code of conduct and offended, I am truly
> truly sorry.

Thanks.  Much appreciated...

Yes, there are other potential obstacles when enabling TLS 1.3 in applications
not specifically designed for it.  Some substantial, others less so.

Without going into a length analysis, I think that most of the issues are
minor, but authentication failure when an unexpected certificate appears with
1.3 that one would not see with 1.2 seems like a substantially more major
hurdle, and one that sure seems avoidable.  I hope it will be looked at more
closely and in the not too distant future deployed less broadly (if at all).

--
        Viktor.