On Tue, Dec 07, 2021 at 10:35:02AM +0000, Matt Caswell wrote:
> topic: Accept PR #16705 into 3.0 subject to the normal review process

-1

>From what I understand, this breaks our provider API. Providers
that work with 3.0.0 will not work when that PR is applied, and
providers that do the same implementation as that PR will not work
with 3.0.0. That might be something that can be fixed in the PR.

We might want to make changes like that, but we clearly need better
rules for when it's acceptable to make such change, and how to make
sure it's compatible.

Kurt