Charles Walker wrote:

> One of my colleagues is currently at a customer who has a product called
> SecureLink, by OpenMarket.  I don't know too much about this product,
> except that it talks SSL.  It has a database which contains a private
> key, a public key, and the certificate.  We have been trying to figure
> out what sort of format the private key is in.
>
> We have a product which uses OpenSSL.  Our product can decrypt SSL
> traffic provided we have access to the server's private key, which of
> course must be in a format that OpenSSL can cope with.  Does anybody out
> there have any experience of exporting private keys from SecureLink and
> putting them in a format the OpenSSL can use?

Tricky.

If they use a standard of some sort with the private key then it
shouldn't be too difficult. If they make up something of their own that
is completely undocumented (like some Oracle webservers do) and
unstructured then this is a non starter.

If it is possible to create a sample private key (not a live one!) I'll
see if I can make any sense of the format if you send it to me.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]