Shashank wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I tried to create pkcs#8 certs, but on the very first step when I type

Well you'll have a problem there. There's no such thing as a "pkcs#8
certificate". PKCS#8 is a private key format.

> D:\certs>bash CA.sh -newca
> CA certificate filename (or enter to create)
>
> Making CA certificate ...
> Using configuration from /usr/local/ssl/openssl.cnf
> Unable to load config info
> Generating a 512 bit RSA private key
> ........++++++++++++
> .......++++++++++++
> writing new private key to './demoCA/private/./cakey.pem'
> Enter PEM pass phrase:
> Verifying password - Enter PEM pass phrase:
> -----
> unable to find 'distinguished_name' in config
> problems making Certificate Request
>
> I have cygwin installed ...
>
> where to make changes..??

This is in the FAQ and the manual pages. You need to set the environment
variable OPENSSL_CONF to the config file path.

Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]