Yes, OpenSSL is not mod_ssl...

mod_ssl is a module for apache that in conjunction with openssl, makes
an SSL aware apache.

There is another implementation I believe called ApacheSSL.

Go to www.modssl.org, and look for the install instructions.  They are
extremely straight forward, and walk you thru compile and installation
of Apache, mod_ssl and OpenSSL.

Hope this helps...

Antai Ning wrote:

> Sorry Richardo,
>
> I'm little confused. I read that OpenSSL is not mod_ssl. So, hmmm, how
> can I follow the instrutions for mod_ssl to compile OpenSSL?
>
> BTW, where can I find those information about how to intergret OpenSSL
> into an application like Apache? I know that the general idea is tp
> apply some patches to Apache code, add OpenSSL code to it, and them
> compile them. (I could be wrong anyway)
>
> Excuse me if I look stupid.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ricardo Stella wrote:
> >
> > If you want to use 'mod_ssl' I strongly suggest you follow the
> > instructions there for compiling both openssl and apache.
> >
> > They are very straight forward...
> >
> > My .02...
> >
> > Antai Ning wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi there,
> > >
> > > I'm quite new to OpenSSL. I'm trying to build and set up a SSL
> > > enabled Apache on Sun solaries 2.6. I encountered problems in building
> > > OpenSSL.
> > >
> > > I downloaded OpenSSL 0.9.6. I'm successful in the first three steps,
> > > "configure", "make", and "make test". But I got this error when I run
> > > "make install". The output is like this:
> > >
> > > *** Error code 139
> > > make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `install_docs'
> > >
> > > Any idea about that? I actually searched the FAQ archive, I didn't find
> > > a answer there.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Antai(Andy) Ning
> > > Enterprise Solutions, Nortel Networks
> > >
> > > Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > Automated List Manager                           [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >
> > --
> >  Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
> >  (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
> >   *** Remove 'no-spam' from e-mail address before replying.  ***
>
> --
> Antai(Andy) Ning
> Enterprise Solutions, Nortel Networks
>
> Phone:(613)765-9824    ESN:395-9824
> Email:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Ricardo Stella                                  O.I.T.
 (609)896-5000 x7436           _suAve_           Rider University
  *** Remove 'no-spam' from e-mail address before replying.  ***
begin:vcard
adr;dom:;;;Lawrenceville;NJ;08648;
adr:;;2083 Lawreceville Road;Lawrenceville;NJ;08648;
n:Stella;Ricardo
tel;fax:1-609-219-4994
tel;work:1-609-896-5000 x7436
x-mozilla-html:FALSE