I don't have experience with threads.

        Too bad :-)

Did you call SSL_clear() after finishing the connection and before reusing
the SSL object?

        I'm not actually reusing SSL_s but just read and write on it. Every
operation is actually surrounded by mutexes so I'm quite a bit confused
about what's still going wrong. (If you remember) I've been talking with you
too about this before.   ...the problems are still the same --> everything
runs fine but occasionally an SSL_s struct just says 'caboom'. It either
gets filled with zeros or has completely crazy values. What can be that
horrible thing that threads are causing compared to processes? Or should I
just make new SSL_s for every request instead of trying to read and write
multiple times --> that works fine but means a new handshake for every
connection --> CPU has a load of 100%  :-(

        Yours    VW