Christopher Crowley wrote:

> I am interested in providing a /dev/urandom for a Solaris 8 machine.  EGD
> doesn't provide sufficient randomness for sendmail 8.11.6, according to the
> system logs. However, the SUNWski package doesn't install properly on
> Solaris 8 (Sparc). What other  method do you suggest?

Hmmm...  SUNWski installs fine for me on Solaris 8.  My Jumpstart setup
installs Secure Shell, which needs /dev/random.  It just works.  I
suppose I'll have to think of something else if Solaris 9 ever happens.

For systems that don't have /dev/random, prngd seems to be the current
recommended solution.

Paul Allen
--
Boeing Phantom Works                   \ Paul L. Allen, (425) 865-3297
Math & Computing Technology              \ [EMAIL PROTECTED]

S/MIME Cryptographic Signature