How to retrieve the delta crl's CDP? Could you please elaborate the
same?

Thank you,
-Surendra

On Fri, Aug 25, 2006, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> I am working on the CRL validation. I am seeing some issues in
> extracting the
> - delta crl distribution point and
> - reason for revocation.
>
> Could you please let me know your thoughts on how to access these two
> above mentioned information?

Delta CRLDP is a bit messy because it isn't yet supported by OpenSSL
directly.
However you can add the OID manually using OBJ_create() and alias the
extension to CRLDP and retrieve it that way.

ANSWER#1:
Could you please elaborate this please? Appreciate your help if you
could provide any code snippet to extract the delta crl's destribution
point.

The CRL reason code is easier. You can retrieve it from the relevant
X509_REVOKED structure using X509_REVOKED_get_ext_d2i().

ANSWER#2:
Thank you. I got the status as per your suggetion. I followed the below
mentioned logic:

X509_REVOKED rtmp;
int reason = -1;
        if (rtmp.extensions) //Extensions are available.
        {
            ASN1_ENUMERATED *asn= NULL;
            asn = X509_REVOKED_get_ext_d2i(&rtmp,
NID_crl_reason,NULL,NULL);
            if(asn != NULL)
        {
                reason = ASN1_ENUMERATED_get(asn);
        }
        ASN1_ENUMERATED_free(asn);
        }

Thank you,
-Surendra
Steve.
--
Dr Stephen N. Henson. Email, S/MIME and PGP keys: see homepage OpenSSL
project core developer and freelance consultant.

contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
any attachments.

check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company
email.

www.wipro.com