Gayathri Sundar wrote:
> Can someone give me inputs on the function ssl3_mac, especially where it
> is called s->method->ssl3_enc->mac(s,&(p[wr->length]),1);
>
> I need to know what p[wr->length] is pointing to and why we do a digest
> update of 2 bytes from that.
>
> The code is taken from s3_pkt.c function ssl3_write_bytes.
>
> Thanks
> --Gayathri

i hope u meant in 'do_ssl3_write()'.

p[wr->length] is pointing to the place just after your data. this is
where you want the mac to be placed. if you look at ssl3_mac(), the
second param is the o/p param.

where exactly is it in the code is it that you mentioned update of 2
bytes being done?

-jb
--
mathematician, n.:
        Some one who believes imaginary things appear right before your i's.