On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Victor Duchovni
<victor.ducho...@morganstanley.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 10:20:38PM +0800, loody wrote:
>
>> The round# is set according to the bits we pass to AES_set_encrypt_key.
>> And Nk*round# keys are also produced well in it.
>> But how about Nb, the number of column in state?
>> (in 128, 192 and 256 bits block plaintext, the Nb, column# of state is
>> 4,6,8.)
>> The parameters we pass to AES_encrypt are in, out, key.
>> We don't tell AES_encrypt the total bits of plaintext.
>> If we don't pass bis length information to AES_encrypt, how it do the
>> SubBytes, ShiftRows, MixColumns and AddRoundKey?
>
> You are asking the wrong questions. Why are you trying to reverse-engineer
> the AES implementation? Why not just use it via the EVP interface?

My guess is that he's trying to understand an actual in-world AES
implementation, instead of simply using something that he doesn't
understand.

Why are you trying to enforce the idea of cryptography as a black box,
rather than something that people should learn about?

-Kyle H