Hello,

since Firefox 3.5 apparently doesn't accept Root CA self signed certificate which doesn't contain correct extensions (Basic Constraints: CA:TRUE) I wonder how I can add these extensions to my already existing and self signed Root CA :
http://ca.institut-telecom.fr/pki/IT_MASTER_CA/itrootca.crt

My second level (intermediate; http://ca.institut-telecom.fr/pki/IT_CA/itca.crt) CA does contain these extensions:

X509v3 Basic Constraints: critical
               CA:TRUE
           X509v3 Key Usage: critical
               Certificate Sign, CRL Sign
Netscape Cert Type: SSL CA, S/MIME CA, Object Signing CA

And it works fine with them.

Apparently that was the case of verisign CA back to V1 certificate also ..
http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/nscertype.html
http://unitstep.net/blog/2009/03/16/using-the-basic-constraints-extension-in-x509-v3-certificates-for-intermediate-cas/

From http://www.openssl.org/docs/apps/x509v3_config.html , I read
DESCRIPTION
Several of the OpenSSL utilities can add extensions to a certificate or certificate request based on the contents of a configuration file.

So I suspect and hope that I can change, alter, my running root CA certificate !?, can you tell me how ?
Thanks.