If you want to get an OID branch, you can get one by applying for a
"Private Enterprise Number" from the IANA, at
http://pen.iana.org/pen/PenApplication.page .

You will be assigned a number.  This number will show up at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/enterprise-numbers .  This becomes
your OID -- 1.3.6.1.4.1.<yournumberhere>.  You can delegate anything
you want from it, to any depth you want, to any level of ludicrosity
you want.  But, you can't do that in a number space that you do not
already own.

-Kyle H