On Sat, 2010-03-27 at 22:41 -0700, sd dd wrote:

> haven't had any luck with this alias so far, thought I've try it one
> more time :)
>
> here is my understanding of a cert signing request,
>  client create a key pair,
>  send the public key to server for signing
>  server send back the signed cert,
>
> now, my question is, from the server response I am able to get a
> public key, then how do i associate the private key with this public
> key? any code example to do this?

I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to do.

Are you suggesting that you'll have submitted more than one signing
request at a time, so you'll have _many_ private keys lying around and
you don't know which one is associated with which response from the
server?

If so, perhaps the X509_check_private_key() function in
crypto/x509/x509_cmp.c may be relevant to you? You could iterate over
the available private keys, looking for one which matches the public key
in the certificate you get back from the server.

Or you could just keep better track of your outstanding requests? :)

david.woodho...@intel.com                              Intel Corporation