The structure itself is only forward-declared meaning that a programmer
has no way of getting into the actual evp_pkey_method_st and its fields.
Now that would be fine if there were a complete set of methods
EVP_PKEY_meth_* to manipulate the pointers to EVP_PKEY_METHOD. But alas
there's only a few.
For instance I cannot copy one struct to another meaning
EVP_PKEY_meth_copy() is missing. Note that we do have
EVP_PKEY_asn1_copy() which in many ways behaves the same way as its
counter part.
We can't also get a pointer to an existing function i.e. by calling
EVP_PKEY_meth_get_ctrl(). There are no "get" methods.

If there's any rationale behind this, I'd love to know that.
thanks
jeff

This email contains Morega Systems Inc. Privileged and Confidential information.