On 21-07-2010 16:02, Harshvir Sidhu wrote:
Hi All,
     I am trying to use encryption over Client/Server machines. My
requirement is that i have to use winsock UDP functions to send and receive
data. Is there some mechanism to perform key and cipher exchange in this
case, like normally SSL_Connect will do this, but in my case i cannot use
that. Is there some suggestion for this?

// Harshvir

Look for "DTLS", the SSL variant designed for UDP. Others on this list know that state of DTLS in openssl code better than me.

Designing your own protocol for UDP encryption is *very hard* to get right. I have actually done this myself (the design predates DTLS and
is a trade secret, so I cannot share it), and after months of work, I
had the design checked by a real expert, which resulted in some changes
before we even started to implement it.