Hi,

I have an SSL apllication, that it suppose to run for a long time. After some
time of running, I found the usage of the memory is growing.  I stop all SSL
connections and checked all SSL * has been freed  but it could not release the
memory back to the system.

After some investigation, I found there is no memory leak, but seems lot of
memory are unable to release back to system.  mtrace found out there are quite
a lot of fragmented memory being held by the SSL library.  I would like to know
what could I do to reduce the memory held by SSL library after all connections
have been dropped?

I am handling the SSL session through share memory myself and that part of the
memory is allocated from the start.

mallinfo() reports after some test and no connection for a while:

system bytes     =     28271952
in use bytes     =      1809184
non-inuse bytes  =     26462768
non-inuse chunks =           81