On 9/24/2010 11:05 AM, zhu qun-ying wrote:

I think I should clarify something here.  The app is running
> in a small device that does not have virtual memory
(no swap space) and the memory is limited (256/512 M).
> In peek connections, it may use up to 90% of the system memory,
> and when connection goes down, memory usage is not coming down.
> This leave very little memory for other part of the system,
> as this app is only a small part of a bigger system. The memory
> usage is a big concern as it is always running with the box.

So far periodically restart the app is not a good solution.

Sounds like OpenSSL wasn't what you wanted. OpenSSL is intended for use on general-purpose computers with virtual memory. It is not designed to return virtual memory to the system, which in your case means it won't return physical memory to the system. Ouch.

DS