From: owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org [mailto:owner-openssl-us...@openssl.org]
On Behalf Of Michael Ströder
Sent: Wednesday, November 03, 2010 12:23 PM
To: openssl-users@openssl.org
Subject: openssl verify fails

HI!

I'm feeling dumb since this simple command fails and I cannot see why:

$ openssl verify -CAfile rootcacert.pem subcacert.pem
subcacert.pem: C = DE, O = SCA Deutsche Post Com GmbH, CN = Signtrust CERT Root
CA 1:PN error 2 at 1 depth lookup:unable to get issuer certificate

I've attached the certs (publicly downloadable). I've checked subject-/issuer
names and the subject and authority key ids. Maybe I'm still overlooking
something obvious?

Many thanks in advance.

Ciao, Michael.