On 4/30/2011 10:48 AM, derleader mail wrote:

Thank you very much for the reply. The problem is that the encryption
and decryption must be on separate machines. I need a way to take the
size of the encrypted message using language function like strlen(). Is
there other solution?

Are you designing the protocol that one machine uses to send the encrypted data to the other or has someone else designed that protocol? If that protocol requires that the encrypted data be a string, has the mechanism by which that will be done been determined yet or is it up to you?

It sounds like you are trying to implement a mechanism before the mechanism has been decided on. Before you attempt to send even a single byte over a network, it should be decided which bytes will go where and that decision should be reflected in a written specification. This may require an hour or two of pain, but trust me, it will eliminate days of pain. And, as a free bonus, anyone else who needs to interoperate with you can look to that specification to know what to do.

DS