Hi,

This could be related to the slowness of RAND_poll under Windows 7. See : http://rt.openssl.org/Ticket/Display.html?id=2100&user=guest&pass=guest Your second process is certainly trying to initialize its RNG and that's why you see this delay.
Do you confirm that you are executing these processes under Windows 7?

--
Mounir IDRASSI
IDRIX