On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 4:26 PM, Ken Goldman <kgold...@us.ibm.com> wrote:
> On 3/27/2012 3:51 PM, Jakob Bohm wrote:
>>
>> On 3/27/2012 9:37 PM, Dr. Stephen Henson wrote:
>>>
>>> You should really be using EVP instead of the low level routines.
>>> They are well documented with examples.
>>
>> Where, precisely?
>>
>> I didn't find it either when I was looking a few years ago, so I
>> settled on the obvious low level APIs too.
>

> In fact, neither the low level or the EVP APIs are documented.  I don't see
> any AES documentation at all.
Perhaps its time to bring up a wiki style documentation (again).

Under wiki, users who get get frustrated enough about lack of/dated
documentation can spend some time copy/pasting code in between <pre>
tags.

It would also relieve the docmaster from updating the current
documentation. He or she could approve wiki account requests instead.

Wiki style documentation has worked well for other similar libraries,
such as OWASP ESAPI and Crypto++.

Jeff