Starting to look at trying to port some of our code to windows 8 metro which
deprecates winsock in favour of a new WinRT networking api which appears to
provide a much thicker/heavier weight abstraction in which it's not clear how
to make use of tools like openssl.

Just wanted to throw out some initial questions for comment by anyone who may
have started looking at some of this stuff -

Is this totally incompatible with openssl (and probably any other open source
development built on bsd sockets)?

Has anyone done any related investigations?

(Please no rants, I'm only interested in the technical questions at this point,
not the political ones.)

---
Nou Dadoun
ndad...@teradici.com